Monday, January 10, 2011

Primark - Spring 2011

I can no longer say it's a Spring "preview" as some of these pieces are hitting shop floors this week. Needless to say, I am in Vancouver shedding a few tears as I will be missing one of my favourite hobbies: shopping at my beloved Primark!

For the last two/three years while I was living in London, Primark was my saviour. With a population of over 7,000,000 people in Greater London, mass market high-street apparel has a way of looking unique and somewhat unidentifiable [as Primark]. Women across the country may wear the same dress but the styling possibilities are endless!

Many of you often ask where I buy my dresses. If they are not homemade, from vintage/charity shops, or eBay, chances are good they are from Primark. Since I have relocated back to Vancouver, I still save all my money and do big shops when I am in London instead. Prices at Primark (or what we lovingly call 'Primarni') are comparable to the lower end prices of Forever21. Forever21 was once a fun, go-to destination for disposable clothes but has now become over-priced and of poor quality. At least with Primark, you get what you pay for, with a load of European flavour thrown in for free!

You may recognize Jade McSorley as the second runner up in Season 5 of Britain's Next Top Model (Click on her name to see her Models1 portfolio). She was my favourite from the get go yet she was criticized and later eliminated because of her slim frame. McSorley is no longer a "New Face" of Models1 and is now featured amongst models such as Agyness Deyn and Alessandra Ambrosio.

PRIMARK SPRING 2011
(All photos courtesy of Primark)

 








I'm in love with the tan faux leather and flower print bag
First delivery is Mid-January with the second and third deliveries in February and March respectively. I may have to put an order in!



No comments: