Friday, May 28, 2010

5 cookies & a Lavender Dry Soda Later ...

It's 2am and I'm staring at my Twitter blatantly in need of sleep but cannot tear myself away. Instead of wasting my time hitting F5 every few minutes, I decided to supplement my addiction with bouts of productivity ... which led to finally sorting out this blog!

Now you would think my last two years living in London would have resulted in ample tidbits worthy of a blog and although I did consider keeping one while I was there, it simply never happened. It was sort of a catch 22, there was so much to do and therefore so much to write about but because I was doing so much, I never found time to blog about it.

So here I am, back in rainy Vancouver. In an unfamiliar unemployed state, I have spent countless mind-numbing hours on the Internet. I have also managed to power through half of my new read: One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell. How SATC2 of me!

I see no reason not to adopt my mantra from London: Take a chance and try something new everyday!

Last night, thanks to Donovan Mahoney, I scored some tickets to his comedy night. I haven't been to The Cellar since circa 2005 when the fashion girls and I had many rowdy nights. The Cellar now has a bit more character though I am hesitant to call it *gasp* classy! It was a comedy night, not some debauched Saturday night on the Granville strip! I had a great laugh with Mascha, from my BR days. I suggest everyone to check out The Cellar for its other LoL nights as we had one of the best laughs in recent memory.

Tonight, I ventured out into the Vancouver fashion world with the vivacious Carlie Wong. For a taste of what we got up to, check out Obakki here. Strange to be back ... more about that laters :)

No comments: