Monday, May 31, 2010

A Music Day

It's been a while since I've had a solid day dedicated to listening to albums beginning to end. There are a few albums I've been meaning to check out and a good day cannot go by without listening to Ellie Goulding's Lights at least once.

Side note, I can't get over how Usher croons this in OMG featuring Ludacris:
"Honey got a booty like pow, pow, pow
Honey got some boobies like wow, oh wow"

How can he sing this with a straight face? Regardless, it's a darn catchy song ... As is Taio Cruz's Break Your Heart (good on him for making a name for himself in America!)

Albums I am currently listening to:





As you can tell, my musical tastes are incredibly diverse. I am definitely a music PR's dream as I always buy into good reviews or hype. If a band/artist peaks my interest, you can be sure I'll give them a go. Not everything turns out to be roses though, as although I am open, I still known when polished shiny crap is still just crap.

She&Him features actress Zooey Deschanel on vocals, piano and banjo along side M.Ward. Yes she as cute as pie but she can easily be the new Patsy Cline. Chirpy enough to bring a nice Spring breeze to anyone's dreary day.

I will be heading to The Commodore tomorrow night to check out The Temper Trap. A review will follow so keep your eyes locked here ... I've seen them three times before in London (Dingwalls, Gibson Studios and Field Day). They've never disappointed. Their live shows bring more pow-factor than their album. It's almost as if they began coming into their own the more and more they toured. Can't wait to hear how their second album turns out.

1 comment:

Angel said...

What would I do without musical friends like you? Thanks for the suggestions... I will check them out ASAP. IT was great seeing you yesterday. I started following your blog... u can follow mine too! :)

http://electroheartbeats.blogspot.com

It was great seeing you yesterday love.

XOXO

Angel