Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lissie Live in Vancouver

On a whim, I bought tickets to see Lissie tonight at the Biltmore Cabaret and I am so glad I did! I first noticed her at The Great Escape Festival in Brighton this past May. She did the most splendid performance of Everywhere I Go with Ellie Goulding. You can check out the video on a previous blog here.

Lissie played to a sold-out crowd along with her guitarist Eric Sullivan and drummer/bassist/backing vocalist extraordinaire Lewis Keller. There's something to be said about being able to play percussion and bass while singing at the same time! The standout for me was Everywhere You Go because of its rawness and simplicity. This is Lissie, take it or leave it. The girl knows how to rock out too and does an amazing cover of Kid Cudi's Pursuit of Happiness which the crowd eagerly requested.

She also told the story behind Cuckoo. It talks about the time growing up in Illinois when she felt sure of who she was but was looked down upon as naive. Her advice? Stick to your guns and wait it out. In the end, everything gets better despite a few peaks and troughs.



New! I've just added Lissie performing Pursuit of Happiness




For now, here is the set-list and a smattering of photos. I have a few videos uploading at the moment :) 




No comments: