Thursday, December 02, 2010

White Lies return with 'Ritual' and lead single BIGGER THAN US

If the world has any justice at all, this new single from the White Lies will propel them to being an international household name. Their first album, To Lose My Life was thoughtful and dark but most importantly poignant.

Ritual, to be released in January is a follow-up album every band dreams to be able to create. The 10 songs on it shows incredible growth yet it does not alienate their pre-existing fanbase. If the lead single 'Bigger Than Us' is any indicator, White Lies are destined to do the arena circuit.

When I first heard this song, I thought 'Streetlights' should have been their first single instead. After giving it a few more listens, I felt similar to when I first heard 'Death' (lead track from To Lose My Life). Both these tracks are intelligent and emotionally powerful; I didn't quite get them from listening to each once. Watch and listen for yourself.



On October 28th, White Lies played a special show at the Shoreditch Town Hall in London. Needless to say, the boys rocked my socks off! Especially Tommy ;)

White Lies at Shoreditch Town Hall

With Rachel and Frances

Set List:

STRANGERS
TO LOSE MY LIFE
HOLY GHOST
STREETLIGHTS 

A PLACE TO HIDE
PEACE & QUIET
IS LOVE 

FROM THE STARS
BAD LOVE
UNFINISHED BUSINESS
BIGGER THAN US 
DEATH
FAREWELL TO THE FAIRGROUND

These songs are off 'Ritual'.
Where was 'Turn the Bells'? :(


No comments: