Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Life is Complete!

Yes! Apparently this could be my lucky day! I've been offered a Travel Exclusive of a lifetime! Wow, thanks Spam filter for flagging such an important email for me. Imagine how distraught I would have been if I had missed it ...

I had a thought today. My friend Carlie was bird-shatted on twice this week so everyone suggested she buy a lottery ticket. Apparently, it was also one of the best weeks of her life. Figures. So here is my dilemma: Do I buy a lottery ticket anyway or should I wait until I get a sign from above. I always say, "You gotta be innit to winnit!" (with thick Cockney accent...) but then I'm guilty of saying I always want to win the Lottery but not ever actually buying a ticket.

What would you do if someone gave you a lottery ticket for your birthday as a card stuffer, then you ended up winning millions of dollars? Does that person technically get the cash because he/she can prove he/she bought it? Or would you just be expected to throw a few consulation dollars his/her way?

On a side note, some of you may know about my hobby of winning random things. This week, there was a Brylcreem men's hair set, a 50quid M&S voucher and a Cowshed lipbalm. Blame it on my Chinese genes. I don't see it as hoarding ... I see it as preparing for the future ;)

Like I said, You have to be innit to winnit ... You don't try, you don't get. Let me leave you with that to ponder ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have decided to try my luck, because i am not doing so good.
What contest do you enter and where? i hate the ones that you email you every day 5 times a day!

Katherine said...

I enter a lot of them on Twitter and FB ... they just kind of pop up!